During the WGAP Meeting held last May 14, 2019, the Board unanimously approved to revise the following:
A.) page 13 of the Tournament Handbook under the heading Alteration of Scorecard:
- No alteration may be made to a card after the competitor has returned it to the Committee.
- Under WGAP local rule, all score alterations must be countersigned by the Marker, otherwise, player shall be disqualified.
B.) Under the Additional Rules – Slow Play: Penalty for Breach of Policy:
- 1st Offense – verbal warning
- 2nd Offense – 1 stroke penalty
- 3rd Offense – 2 strokes penalty
- 4th Offense – Disqualification
Hole 4 Local Rule in Canlubang is NOT in play
WGAP requires each player to hit from the tee mound until they consume the allowable strokes.
Golf’s new Rules: Major Changes
New Rule: Rule 10.2b(4) – Restriction on Caddie Standing Behind Player. When a player begins taking a stance for the stroke and until the stroke is made:
The player’s caddie must not deliberately stand in a location on or close to an extension of the line of play behind the ball for any reason.
If the player takes a stance in breach of this Rule, she cannot avoid penalty by backing away.
Exception – Ball on Putting Green: When the player’s ball is on the putting green, there is no penalty under this Rule if the player backs away from the stance and does not begin to take the stance again until after the caddie has moved out of that location.